Thursday, 26 May 2016

Got in to a terrible fix

I am using internet for many years and usually operate successfully. For the last one or two years most of my purchases were through e- com portals in India. I have bought desktop computer, cots, and dining table sets without any trouble.

I was surprised today when I contacted a e- com site to get a message 'Access denied'. I tried various means but no relief came. The trouble was with only one site where I wanted to buy an object at a throw away price. I phoned the firm and told them that something was wrong with their set-up. They promised to get back.

As a last resort I wanted to check the McAfee antivirus installed in my computer.  I was given an option to chat with a consultant there on my problem. But before I could do that a message came flashing that I could download a tool which would trace down any anomaly with the antivirus program and correct it if there was a need

It took about 15 minutes for the tool to pick up one defect and correct it in the next 5 minutes.

When I approached the e- com site again after shutting the computer and restarting it gave the same trouble. I didn't get discouraged but opened the program in a fresh window and I got the site. I was able to order the item and could smile back visibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment